Rohit Khanna (/ /; born September 13, 1976) is an American academic, lawyer and politician. He is the U.S. Representative for California's 17th congressional district since 2017. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He beat then-current Representative Mike Honda in the general election on November 8, 2016, after first running for the same seat in 2014.
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from California's 17th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Mike Honda|
September 13, 1976
|Relatives||Amarnath Vidyalankar (Grandfather)|
|Education||University of Chicago (BA)|
Yale University (JD)
Khanna only accepts donations from individuals and is one of only six members of the U.S. House of Representatives, and ten total members of Congress, who do not take campaign contributions from Political Action Committees (PACs) or corporations.
- "U.S. Senate — Senators' PAC Fundraising in their current Election Cycles". CleanSlateNow.org. 2017-09-15. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Khanna starts PAC-free caucus". POLITICO. July 12, 2017. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "'No PAC Act' offers voters hope to be heard". SFChronicle.com. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "PAC Fundraising Totals and the 115th Congress – House of Representatives @". Cleanslatenow.org. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- "Ro Khanna to Justice Democrats: "I Endorsed Bernie Sanders." Did he Lie? (Update: NO!) » John Halle". John Halle. 2017-05-13. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Media related to Ro Khanna at Wikimedia Commons