Robert B. Sherman
Robert Bernard Sherman (December 19, 1925 – March 6, 2012) was an American songwriter. He worked in musical movies with his brother Richard Morton Sherman. Some of the Sherman Brothers' best known songs were in live action and animated musical movies including: Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Slipper and the Rose, and Charlotte's Web.
Robert B. Sherman
Sherman in 2002
Robert Bernard Sherman
December 19, 1925
|Died||March 6, 2012 (aged 86)|
|Resting place||Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery, Culver City, California|
|Other names||Robert Sherman|
|Occupation||Songwriter, screenwriter, publisher|
Joyce Ruth Sasner
(m. 1953; died 2001)
|Children||4 including Robert|
Rosa (Dancis) Sherman
|Genres||Musical film, musical theatre, animation|
In 1943, Sherman joined the United States Army at age 17. On April 12, 1945, Sherman was shot in the knee, forcing him to walk with a cane for the rest of his life. For being wounded during battle, Sherman was awarded the Purple Heart medal.
- "Robert B. Sherman - Joyce R. Sherman Marriage Certificate". California, County Marriages. familysearch.org. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Sherman, Robert B. "The Longest Years" in Walt's Time: From Before To Beyond. Santa Clarita, CA: Camphor Tree Publishers, 1998, pp. 112-113.
- Freedland, Mark. "Robert Sherman obituary" The Guardian, March 6, 2012
Quotations related to Robert B. Sherman at Wikiquote
- Sherman Music
- Redstring Productions - Sherman Brothers
- Music World Corporation
- Robert Sherman Art
- BMI Foundation - Robert B. Sherman Annual Scholarship
- Robert B. Sherman BMI Foundation Annual Scholarship 11.08.06 article
- Robert B. Sherman BMI Foundation Annual Scholarship 12.14.07 article
- Robert B. Sherman at the Internet Broadway Database
- Robert B. Sherman on IMDb
- Robert B. Sherman at SoundUnwound
- A Spoonful of Sugar: Robert Sherman, 1925–2012 Obituary on theartsdesk.com, 6 March 2012
- Robert B. Sherman at Find a Grave