Henry Ross Perot (June 27, 1930 – July 9, 2019) was an American businessman. He founded Electronic Data Systems in 1962. He ran for president in 1992 and in 1996. Both times he lost to Bill Clinton. Perot had about 3.5 billion dollars. In 2012, he was ranked by Forbes as the 101st-richest person in the United States.
Henry Ross Perot
June 27, 1930
Texarkana, Texas, U.S.
|Died||July 9, 2019 (aged 89)|
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Texas High School|
Margot Birmingham (m. 1956)
|Children||5, including Ross Perot Jr.|
Perot was born on June 27, 1930 in Texarkana, Texas. He studied at Texas High School, at Texarkana Junior College and at the United States Naval Academy. Perot married Margot Birmingham in 1956. They had five children and 16 grandchildren.
- "Henry Ross Perot – Forbes". Forbes.com. March 9, 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "The Ancestors of Ross Perot". Wargs.com. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- Dinan, Stephen. "Ross Perot endorses Mitt Romney". The Washington Times. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Ross Perot, billionaire and ex-presidential candidate, dies at 89.
Other websites change
- United We Stand, H. Ross Perot; text of the book published by Perot in 1992 to mark the launch of his Presidential campaign, complete with charts. The text is hosted by the site of the organization he created that year United We Stand America, as saved by The Internet Archive.
- Booknotes interview with Carolyn Barta on Perot and His People: Disrupting the Balance of Political Power, January 16, 1994. Archived January 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ross Perot, Presidential Contender" Archived 2014-08-15 at the Wayback Machine from C-SPAN's The Contenders