American lawyer and politician
|Chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee|
January 3, 1987 – January 3, 1995
|Preceded by||Barry Goldwater|
|Succeeded by||Strom Thurmond|
|United States Senator|
November 8, 1972 – January 3, 1997
|Preceded by||David Gambrell|
|Succeeded by||Max Cleland|
|Member of the Georgia House of Representatives|
from the 41st district
January 1969 – November 8, 1972
|Preceded by||Glenn Phillips|
|Succeeded by||Guy Hill|
Samuel Augustus Nunn Jr.
September 8, 1938
Macon, Georgia, U.S.
|Children||2, including Michelle|
|Education||Georgia Institute of Technology|
Emory University (BA, LLB)
|Branch/service||United States Coast Guard|
|Years of service||1959–1968|
When he left the United States Senate, he made the Nuclear Threat Initiative with Ted Turner. It is a group that works to stop Nuclear War. His experience made Barack Obama and John Kerry think about making him their Vice President.
- Harris, John F. "Nader predicts Obama to pick Clinton". POLITICO. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- Annotated Bibliography for Sam Nunn from the ALsos Digital Library for Nuclear Issues Archived 2010-05-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Sam Nunn, Chairman Board of Directors CSIS
- Sam Nunn, NTI Board of Directors
- Nunn Appearances on C-SPAN
- Sam Nunn at the Commonwealth Club
- Sam Nunn Papers from Emory University's Special Collections Department
- Foreign Service Journal article on his Lifetime Contributions to American Diplomacy Award.