Sint Eustatius, also known as Statia, or Saint Eustace, is one of the islands which make up the Caribbean Netherlands and formerly the Netherlands Antilles. It is in the northern, Leeward Islands portion of the West Indies, some distance southeast of the Virgin Islands. It forms part of the inner arc of the Leeward Island chain, lying immediately to the northwest of Saint Kitts and Nevis and to the southeast of Saba at 17°30′N 62°58′W. The regional capital is Oranjestad. It is named after the legendary Catholic Saint Eustace.
|— Public body of the Netherlands —|
(and largest city)
|Recognised regional languages||English|
|Government||See Politics of the Netherlands|
|-||Lt. Governor||Gerald Berkel|
8.1 sq mi
|Currency||US dollar (
|Time zone||AST (UTC−4)|
|Internet TLD||.an, .nl|
Sint Eustatius is a special municipality (public body) of the Netherlands.
Sint Eustatius has a land area of 21 km² (8.1 sq. miles). At the 2001 Netherlands Antilles census, the population was 2,292 inhabitants, which means a population density of 109 inh. per km². In 2004, the population was estimated at 2,498 inhabitants.
- English can be used in relations with the government
"Invoeringswet openbare lichamen Bonaire, Sint Eustatius en Saba" (in Dutch). wetten.nl. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling Caribisch Nederland; geboorte, sterfte, migratie" (in Dutch). Central Bureau of Statistics. 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- The domain for the Netherlands Antilles has remained active after its dissolution. The ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code BQ was established for the entity "Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba". ("ISO 3166-1 decoding table". International Organization for Standardization. Archived from the original on 2018-12-25. Retrieved 2010-12-17.) An Internet ccTLD has however not been established by the IANA, and it is unknown if it will be opened for registration.
- Sint Eustatius Tourist Office's homepage Archived 2011-02-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Sint Eustatius info in Lonely Planet website
- Sint Eustatius Center for Archaeological Research
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sint Eustatius.|