Solar power plant
A solar power plant is based on the conversion of sunlight into electricity, either directly using photovoltaics (PV), or indirectly using concentrated solar power (CSP). Concentrated solar power systems use lenses, mirrors, and tracking systems to focus a large area of sunlight into a small beam. Photovoltaics converts light into electric current using the photoelectric effect. The largest photovoltaic power plant in the world was the 354 MW Solar Energy Generating Systems (SEGS) CSP installation located in the Mojave Desert, California. Other large CSP plants include the 250 MW Agua Caliente Solar Project in Arizona, the Solnova Solar Power Station (150 MW, 250 MW when finished), and the Andasol solar power station (150 MW), both in Spain.
The solar power plant is based on the conversion of sunlight into electricity. As the use of solar energy has been increased nowadays. Not only we save the electricity with the help of a solar power plant but it also contributes towards the environment. It converts solar energy into electricity either directly using photovoltaics.
It is in great use as it is least expensive and provides electricity with sunlight. The utilization of these products is increasing day by day after knowing the importance of solar energy use. the government is also taking initiatives to aware the people about solar products by introducing incentive schemes.
Installing solar power plant is quite beneficial in every aspect not only your pocket but the entire globe. This solar equipment is used in an active manner and converts the solar energy into a useable form which can be used for powering all sort of appliances.
Concentrated solar power system use mirrors, lenses and tracking systems to focus a large area of sunlight into a small beam. The photoelectric effect coverts the light into electric current. All the countries all over the globe have decided to bring the solar products into great use.
As everyone is aware nowadays to contribute towards the globe, our environment with the help of solar energy. Apart from this, it is a one-time investment and there will no longer need to spend on heavy electricity cost again and again.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solar power plants.|
- "Technologies: From silicon to the solar cell". Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Large-Scale Photovoltaic Power Plants Ranking 1-50". Archived from the original on 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Solnova Solar Power Station" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-11. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Andasol Solar Power Station". Archived from the original on 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Solar power is the future of energy
- How cheap does solar power need to get before it takes over the world? Vox.com April 18, 2016