|Frequent-flyer program||FREE SPIRIT |
Spirit Airlines began in 1980 at Michigan. It was first known as Charter One. In 1992, its name was changed to Spirit Airlines and its headquarters were moved to Miramar, Florida. Spirit Airlines ordered 30 Airbus A320 family airplanes in 2006. In March 2007, Spirit became a low-cost carrier. It lowered its prices, removed free snacks & drinks, and started charging passengers for luggage. In 2011, Spirit opened focus cities in Chicago, Dallas and Las Vegas.
A Spirit Airlines airplane at Toluca. This airplane is has a special paint job.
- "Spirit Airlines - flights, check-in, boarding pass, flight status, vacations". www.spirit.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-23. Retrieved 2020-12-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Chong, Benjamin. "All You Bought is the Seat - A case study of Spirit Airlines" – via www.academia.edu. Cite journal requires
- "Spirit Airlines Announces Next Phase of Expansion". www.businesswire.com. 28 October 2010.
- "Spirit Airlines makes minor network cuts as Dallas-Mexico expansion continues". CAPA - Centre for Aviation.