This article may have too many red links. (October 2011)
|Historic region||Moldavia (mostly in Bukovina)|
|• Total||8,553 km2 (3,302 sq mi)|
|• Density||80/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 230 or (+40) 330|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-SV|
The west side of the county has many mountains from the Eastern Carpathians group. These are the Rodna Mountains, the Rarău Mountains, the Giumalău Mountains and the three "Obcine". The county is lower in the east, with the lowest point in the Siret River valley.
This is how the population of Suceava County has changed over the last 60 years.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Wood industry – the county has the most surface covered with forests in Romania.
- Food industry.
- Mechanical components industry.
- Construction materials industry.
- Textile and leather industry.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suceava County.|
- The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002" Archived 2006-09-22 at the Wayback Machine