|Traded as||Euronext: TOM2|
|Industry||Consumer electronics, navigation technology|
|Headquarters||De Ruijterkade, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Harold Goddijn (CEO), Corinne Vigreux (CMO and co-founder), Taco Titulaer (CFO), Derk Haank (chairman of the supervisory board), Alain De Taeye (management board)|
|Products||devices, digital map, software and services|
|Revenue||€ 701 million (2019)|
|€ 56 million (2018)|
|€ 45 million (2018)|
|Total assets||€ 1.5 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||€ 774 million (2018)|
Number of employees
|4,500 (end of 2019)|
|Footnotes / references|
TomTom was founded in 1991.
In September 2005, TomTom bought Datafactory AG.
In 2006, TomTom Traffic was created after buying Applied Generics.
In 2008, the company owned Tele Atlas.
In 2014, the company was a partner with Volkswagen Group during the research on Highly Automated Driving (HAD) systems. TomTom N.V. provided Volkswagen Group, Mercedes, Toyota and other big carmakers with their navigation devices.
Location technology refers to the company's automotive and enterprise businesses. The company provides cars, tech specialists, some companies and government bodies with maps and navigation software.
Products and servicesEdit
TomTom N.V. offers three types of products: maps, connected services and (navigation) software. The company sells Navigation devices (PNDs) and TomTom GO navigation apps.
A TomTom's traffic monitoring service uses different sources to give traffic information by combining data from:
- traditional sources: governmental/third-party data such as induction loops in the roads, cameras and traffic surveillance
- new sources: traffic flow of millions of anonymous mobile phone users.
- "TomTom Annual Report and Accounts 2018" (PDF). TomTom NV. 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- ""TomTom Annual Report and Accounts 2018" (PDF). TomTom NV. 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018".
- "TomTom to acquire Datafactory". www.telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom navigates way to a takeover of Applied Generics". www.scotsman.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- Staff, Reuters (2009-02-24). "TomTom CEO has no regrets about Tele Atlas buy". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom to become Apple phone default satnav program". the Guardian. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom and Volkswagen partner to shape the future of Highly Automated Driving (AMS:TOMTOM)". web.archive.org. 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "Subscribe to read | Financial Times". www.ft.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01. Cite uses generic title (help)
- Proper, Levien de Feijter and Ellen (2015-11-12). "Uber Strikes Digital Maps Deal With TomTom". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- Staff, Reuters (2020-01-17). "TomTom closes deal with Huawei for use of maps and services: spokesman". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "staff (18 March 2019). "Annual report & accounts 2019". TomTom corporate. Retrieved 22 January 2021".
- Staff, Reuters (2020-07-15). "UPDATE 1-TomTom posts 41% slump in revenue but sees signs of recovery". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "Bloomberg Technology - Bloomberg". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TOMTOM (TOM2.AS) company profile & facts – Yahoo Finance". uk.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom | Maps and Services Shop". Tomtom. 2021-03-22. Retrieved 2021-04-01.