President of Taiwan (R.O.C. authorities) and former Chairperson of the Democratic Progressive Party
- This is a Chinese name; the family name is Tsai.
Tsai Ing-wen (Chinese: 蔡英文; pinyin: Cài Yīngwén; born 31 August 1956) is the president of the Republic of China (Taiwan) since 20 May 2016 and is the first female chosen to the position. She is the current Chairperson of the Democratic Progressive Party since 2008. Her nickname is Siao-Ing (小英).
Tsai won re-election in the 2020 Taiwan presidential election facing Han Kuo-yu (KMT).
Tsai Ing-wen was born in Mackay Memorial Hospital at Taipei, She grew up from a rich family in southern Taiwan. She worked hard and studied at National Taiwan University. She passed a test and became a lawyer in her junior year. She graduated from university in 1980.
- ↑ 高, 梦鸽. "台湾"大选"开票结果显示蔡英文当选台湾领导人". 高梦鸽_NN4432. 人民网-人民日报. Archived from the original on 25 December 2018. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- ↑ "Taiwan opposition candidate admits defeat in presidential election". Reuters. 2020-01-11. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- ↑ "Taiwan's Tsai wins second presidential term". 2020-01-11. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- ↑ Kuo, Lily (2020-01-11). "Taiwan re-elects Tsai Ing-Wen as president in clear message to China". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-01-11.