Violet Brown (née Mosse; 10 March 1900 – 15 September 2017) was a Jamaican supercentenarian who at the time of her death, at the age of 117 years, 189 days, was the oldest verified living person in the world from the death of Emma Morano on 15 April 2017 until her death in September 2017.
Violet Mosse Brown
10 March 1900
|Died||15 September 2017 (aged 117)|
|Other names||Violete Brown, Violet Mosse-Brown, Violet Moss|
|Spouse(s)||Augustus Gaynor Brown (died 1978)|
|Children||6 (4 alive)|
|Parent(s)||John and Elizabeth Mosse|
She was also the first verified supercentenarian from Jamaica and the oldest verified Jamaican person ever.
- "The independent Mrs Violet Brown". Tashieka Mair (16 July 2007). Archived from the original on 31 July 2015. The Jamaica Star.
- "Oldest Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Sheena Gayle (8 March 2010). 110-y-o Trelawny woman reveals secret to long life. Jamaica Gleaner. Accessed January 2014.
- "Jamaican woman former slave new oldest person". www.dailymail.co.uk. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- World's oldest woman is dead
- Violet Mosse Foundation, a nonprofit support organisation for contributing to the well-being of all elderly persons. This foundation was founded by Violet Brown's relatives and named after Violet Brown.
| Oldest verified living person
15 April 2017 — 15 September 2017