Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Willem-Alexander (Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand; born 27 April 1967), is the King of the Netherlands. He is the eldest child of Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus. He has been the head of the House of Amsberg since the death of his father in 2002. He served in the Dutch military. He studied history at Leiden University. King Willem-Alexander is interested in international water management issues and sports. He married Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti in 2002. They have three daughters: Princess Catharina-Amalia (born 2003), Princess Alexia (born 2005), and Princess Ariane (born 2007).
|King of the Netherlands|
|Reign||30 April 2013 – present|
|Prime Minister||Mark Rutte|
|Born||27 April 1967|
|Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange |
|Father||Claus von Amsberg|
|Mother||Beatrix of the Netherlands|
On 28 January 2013, the king's mother announced in a television broadcast that she would abdicate the throne. That made Willem-Alexander, King on 30 April 2013. He is the first king of the Netherlands since the death of his great-great-grandfather, William III, in 1890.
Titles and styles change
- 27 April 1967 – 30 April 1980: His Royal Highness Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau
- 30 April 1980 – 30 April 2013: His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau
- 30 April 2013 – present: His Majesty The King
He was the first male heir apparent to the Dutch throne since Prince Alexander, son of King William III, who died in 1884. Prince Willem-Alexander had indicated that if he became king, he would take the name William IV, but it was announced on 28 January 2013 that his regnal name would be Willem-Alexander.
- "Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands to abdicate for son". BBC. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- (in Dutch) Prins van Oranje wordt koning Willem-Alexander
- Interview with Paul Witteman Archived 2007-03-07 at the Wayback Machine, September 1997, Racchvs.com
- "Prince of Orange to become King Willem-Alexander". Archived from the original on 2015-10-07. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
Other websites change
Willem-Alexander of the NetherlandsBorn: 27 April 1967
Title last held byAlexander
| Prince of Orange
| King of the Netherlands