Óscar Alberto Pérez (7 April 1981 – 15 January 2018) was a Venezuelan political activist and CICPC investigator, Venezuela's investigative agency. He was a harsh critic of president Maduro's rule in Venezuela politics. He started to be a rebel (as he was defined by the NYTimes) against Maduro since the mid 2010.
Óscar Alberto Pérez
7 April 1981
|Died||15 January 2018 (aged 36)|
|Cause of death||Firearm|
|Occupation||Political activist, investigator,Rebel leader|
|Employer||Cuerpo de Investigaciones Científicas, Penales y Criminalísticas (CICPC)|
|Known for||Responsible for the 2017 Caracas helicopter attack|
He was born in Caracas in 1981 and since young he was an activist in the Venezuela politics. He did not like the "Chavism" since the early 2010s, when president Chavez started to show full alliance with Castro's Cuba. Óscar Pérez was better known for being responsible for the 2017 Caracas helicopter attack during the 2017 Venezuelan protests and the 2017 Venezuelan constitutional crisis.
On 15 January 2018, the Venezuelan army and the Venezuelan National Guard launched an operation to capture Óscar Pérez, who was held up in the western Caracas neighborhood of El Junquito. Pérez resisted the attack. After three hours of shooting, Pérez wanted to surrender but he was shot dead along with his men. His death was confirmed by the Venezuelan police one day later.
The government has been accused of unlawfully killing the group after video clips Perez posted during the shootout showed him calling out that the rebels wished to surrender.Perez was the last of the seven to be buried by the military over the weekend. The families received death certificates showing that he and five others had each died of a gunshot to the head.Alfredo Romero, director of the Caracas-based human rights group Foro Penal, told local media that he's demanding a thorough investigation to determine whether the deaths were acts of "intentional homicide."NYTimes
Worldwide reactions to his deathEdit
The international media and some politicians & citizens all over the world defined what has happened in El Junquito as a «massacre»» and did harsh critics to Maduro & his government.
Some of the countries were: Bolivia, Brasil, Colombia, with critics from ex-president Andrés Pastrana, USA, with senator Marco Rubio angry comments, Guatemala, Paraguay, Uruguay, Spain and France. Additionally, the main media in Italy (Corriere della Sera, La Stampa, Repubblica, Il Giornale, etc..) for a full week showed in first page the El Junquito massacre news.
Twenty ex-presidents of Latino-America & Spain made harsh critics against the Maduro government's Massacre of El Junquito. They wrote on "Iniciativa Democrática de España y las Américas (IDEA)" a message of denounce. The underwriters were: Óscar Arias, Rafael Ángel Calderón, Laura Chinchilla y Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, from Costa Rica; Felipe González y José María Aznar, from Spain, y Nicolás Ardito Barletta y Mireya Moscoso, from Panamá; Belisario Betancur, Andrés Pastrana, César Gaviria y Álvaro Uribe, from Colombia; Felipe Calderón y Vicente Fox, from México; Alfredo Cristiani, from El Salvador; Fernando de la Rúa, from Argentina; Lucio Gutiérrez, Jamil Mahuad y Osvaldo Hurtado, from Ecuador; y Luis Alberto Lacalle y Julio María Sanguinetti, from Uruguay; Jorge Tuto Quiroga, from Bolivia, y Juan Carlos Wasmosy, from Paraguay.
- "OSCAR ALBERTO PEREZ" (in Spanish). Ministry of Interior, Justice and Peace. Retrieved January 16, 2018.
- Charner, Flora; Hernandez, Osmary; Barnes, Taylor (January 16, 2018). "Source: Rogue Venezuelan helicopter pilot killed by police". CNN. Retrieved January 16, 2018.
- Venezuelan officials bury Oscar Perez against family's wishes, The New York Times, 21 January 2018.
- A Nicolás Maduro le "espera un hamaca caliente en Cuba o en una celda fría en La Haya” - expresidente boliviano Jorge Quiroga
- Partido Novo - ed. Partido Novo
- Eduardo Bolsonaro fala sobre a morte de Óscar Pérez pela Ditadura da Venezuela, by Bolsonaro, Eduardo
- Delegado Francischini, Fernando
- [url=http://sumarium.com/grupo-de-masones-de-ecuador-repudia-asesinato-de-su-hermano-oscar-perez/ Grupo de Masones de Ecuador repudia asesinato de su “hermano” Óscar Pérez]
- Acorralado y herido, piloto Óscar Perez denuncia en vivo que régimen de Maduro lo quiere matar
- Marco Rubio sobre Óscar Pérez: Mataron a alguien que se había rendido
- Álvares, Gloria
- Masones de Paraguay denuncian "cruel y cobarde asesinato" de Óscar Pérez
- Partido Colorado: Indignación y repudio ante el asesinato en Venezuela de Oscar Pérez
- El Pais: La Masacre de El Junquito
- Lisbeth Ramírez murió junto a su novio Jairo Lugo durante el operativo policial contra Óscar Perez
- La Conférence épiscopale vénézuélienne (CEV) "dénonce l’horrible massacre mis en évidence" dans les "exécutions extrajudiciaires et les morts de civils" (in French)
- "Il primo massacro del 2018 in Venezuela", with photo of Oscar Perez murdered (en italiano)