|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1044 1045 1046 – 1047 – 1048 1049 1050|
- Battle of Val-ès-Dunes: William the Conqueror, with assistance from King Henry I of France, takes control of Normandy by defeating the rebel Norman barons at Caen.
- Harald III becomes sole king of Norway.
- Sweyn II is crowned king of Denmark.
- Pope Clement II is replaced by Pope Benedict IX as the 150th pope.
- Revolt of Leo Tornikios in the Byzantine Empire