Year 1112 (MCXII) was a leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1109 1110 1111 – 1112 – 1113 1114 1115|
- The count of Barcelona, Ramon Berenguer III, obtains the county of Provence due to his marriage with the heiress, Douce.
- The people of Laon, France, proclaim a commune and murder their bishop.
- Salzwedel, Germany is founded.
- The German state of Baden is founded.
- Afonso I becomes Count of Portugal.
- Otto of Ballenstedt is made Duke of Saxony by Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Anonymus Gallus begins to write Gesta principium Polonorum to Boleslaw III.
- October 5 – Sigebert of Gembloux, French chronicler
- Tancred, Prince of Galilee, crusader (b. 1072)
- Giorgi II of Georgia
- Henry, Count of Portugal (b. 1066)
- Bertrand of Toulouse, count of Toulouse, and the first count of Tripoli.
- Ghibbelin of Arles, Archbishop of Arles (b. c. 1045)
- ↑ Dell'Umbria, Alèssi (2006). Histoire universelle de Marseille. De l'an mil à l'an deux mille. Marseille: Agone. p. 19. ISBN 2-7489-0061-8.