|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1133 1134 1135 – 1136 – 1137 1138 1139|
- February 5 – Treaty of Durham: Stephen I of England concedes Cumberland to David I of Scotland.
- The people of Novgorod rebel against the hereditary prince Vsevolod of Pskov and remove him from power.
- Battle of Crug Mawr: Owain Gwynedd of Wales defeats the Normans.
- Grimoald, duke of Bari, supported by the emperor, rebels against the king of Sicily Roger II.
Arts and cultureEdit
- The Saint Denis Basilica is completed in Paris.
- Peter Abelard writes the Historia Calamitatum, describing his relationship with Heloise.
- April 15 – Richard Fitz Gilbert de Clare (b. 1094)
- May 28 – Hughes de Payens, first Grand Master of the Knights Templar
- October 28 – Boleslaus III of Poland (b. 1086)
- November 15 – Margrave Leopold III of Austria (b. 1073)
- November 21 – William de Corbeil, Archbishop of Canterbury
- date unknown