|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1340s 1350s 1360s – 1370s – 1380s 1390s 1400s|
|Years:||1376 1377 1378 – 1379 – 1380 1381 1382|
- September 9 – Treaty of Neuberg signed, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between brothers Albert III and Leopold III. Albert III retains the title of Duke of Austria.
- The Venetians and Ottomans invade Constantinople and restore John V Palaiologos as Byzantine co-emperor. Andronikos IV Palaiologos is allowed to remain as Byzantine co-emperor but is confined to the city of Silivri for the remainder of his life.
- John I succeeds his father, Henry II, as King of Castile and King of León.
- Bairam Khawaja establishes the independent principality of the Turkomans of the Black Sheep Empire in present-day Armenia.
- Dmitri Donskoi of Moscow raids Estonia.
- Foundation of New College, Oxford.
- Foundation of Wisbech Grammar School in England.