|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1590s 1600s 1610s – 1620s – 1630s 1640s 1650s|
|Years:||1623 1624 1625 – 1626 – 1627 1628 1629|
- September 30 – Nurhaci, chieftain of the Jurchens and founder of the Qing Dynasty dies and is succeeded by his son Huang Taiji.
- November 18 – The new St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican is consecrated, the anniversary of that of the previous church in 326.
- Spanish establish a trading colony on Taiwan.
- Peter Minuit, director of the New Netherland colony, begins a policy of "purchasing" Manhattan from the Lenape.
- Work begins on building the sailing ship Vasa.
- The Duchy of Urbino is incorporated into the Papal States.
- The English Parliament impeach George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham, favorite of Charles I of England.
- Charles I dissolves Parliament.
- The Dutch settle Manhattan, founding the town of New Amsterdam. The town would transform into a piece of what is now New York City.
- In New England, the Town (later City) of Salem, Massachusetts is founded at Naumkeag