(Redirected from AD 1628)
1628 was a leap year.
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1590s 1600s 1610s – 1620s – 1630s 1640s 1650s|
|Years:||1625 1626 1627 – 1628 – 1629 1630 1631|
- March 1 – writs were issued in February 1628 by Charles I of England that every county in England (not just seaport towns) pay ship tax by this date.
- August 10 – The Swedish 64 gun sailing ship Vasa sinks on her maiden voyage in the Stockholm harbor
- September 6 – Puritans settle Salem which will later become part of Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- October 28–Siege of La Rochelle ends with the surrender of the Huguenots.
- Charles I reconvenes the English Parliament and accepts the Petition of Right as a concession to gain his subsidies.
- Island of Santorini explodes.
- John Felton assassinates George Villiers, duke of Buckingham.
- William Harvey publishes his findings about blood circulation.
- The Collegiate School, today the oldest educational institution in North America, is established.
- Exercitatio Anatomica de Motu Cordis et Sanguinis in Animalibus, by William Harvey, is published.