1920 Summer Olympics
games of the VII Olympiad, celebrated in Antwerp, Belgium, in 1920
|Host city||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Athletes||2,626 (2,561 men, 65 women)|
|Events||156 in 22 sports (29 disciplines)|
The games were a financial strain for the host country and the participants. The events were not well attended.
Participating nations Edit
A total of 22 nations sent athletes to compete at the Antwerp games.
Related pages Edit
- Findling, John E. (2004). Encyclopedia of the Modern Olympic Movement. Greenwood. p. 74. ISBN 9780313322785.
- "Factsheet - Opening Ceremony of the Games f the Olympiad" (PDF) (Press release). International Olympic Committee. September 13, 2013. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 August 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- Sports Reference.com (SR/Olympics), "1920 Antwerpen Summer Games" Archived 2020-05-05 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-7-23.
- Zarnowski, C. Frank. "A Look at Olympic Costs," Archived 2018-12-25 at the Wayback Machine Citius, Altius, Fortius (US). Summer 1992, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 20-21 [5-6 of 17 PDF]; retrieved 2012-7-24.
- Taking part in the games for the first time were Czechoslovakia, Brazil, Estonia, Finland, Monaco, New Zealand and Yugoslavia.
Other websites Edit
Media related to 1920 Summer Olympics at Wikimedia Commons