2012 NATO Summit in Chicago
This was the first NATO summit in the United States that was not in Washington, D.C. Chicago was chosen because it was President Barack Obama's home town. It was going to happen after the 2012 G8 summit in Chicago. The G8 summit was held at Camp David instead.
The summit cost the city of Chicago almost $15.6 million.
- Sweet, Lynn (12 December 2011). "NATO, G8 meetings to be hosted in McCormick Place". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Obama: 2012 G8 and NATO Summits Scheduled for May". US Embassy.gov. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Benitez, Jorge (9 November 2011). ""A crucial summit at a crucial time:" Obama and Rasmussen discuss agenda for upcoming NATO summit". NATOSource. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Mack, Kristen et al. "Chicago to host NATO, G-8 next year," Chicago Tribune (US). June 22, 2011; "Administration official: Obama to bring NATO, G8 summits in hometown of Chicago in 2012," Washington Post (US). June 22, 2011; retrieved 2011-06-22
- Rushe, Dominic (5 March 2012). "G8 summit moved from Chicago to Camp David". The Guardian. London.