2031 (MMXXXI) will be a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2031st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 31st year of the 3rd millennium, the 31st year of the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2030s decade. It will also be the first year since 2019 to have all four digits being different numbers.
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2028 2029 2030 – 2031 – 2032 2033 2034|
|Ab urbe condita||2784|
|Balinese saka calendar||1952–1953|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚戌年 (Metal Dog)|
4727 or 4667
— to —
辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
4728 or 4668
|- Vikram Samvat||2087–2088|
|- Shaka Samvat||1952–1953|
|- Kali Yuga||5131–5132|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 13|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 120|
|Thai solar calendar||2574|
2157 or 1776 or 1004
— to —
2158 or 1777 or 1005
|Unix time||1924992000 – 1956527999|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- January - The International Space Station is scheduled to be deorbited into the pacific around this time
March 17 – Transit of Venus from Uranus
- October 29 – Transit of Venus from Uranus.
- Researchers and investors in space elevator technology hope to start funding the construction of the first elevator by 2031.
- In Magic Tree House, Jack and Annie travel to the moon in the year 2031.
In The Hunger Games, The first Annual Hunger Games begins in this year
- In Judge Dredd, the sprawling Mega-City One is founded.
Computer and video gamesEdit
- In Deus Ex, Utah announces its intent to secede from the U.S. in this year.
- The events of MindJack take place in this year.
- The events of Shadowrun take place in this year.
- In "Heavy Metal", The Harry Canyon segment is set in 2031, beginning on July 3.
- In the song by Warrant, "April 2031" the band makes reference that nuclear war will have greatly altered the Earth.
- Blue Gender (1999–2000)
- Time Trumpet (2006–2008)
- In Race to Mars, a 2007 miniseries on the first manned mission on Mars, the first humans arrive on the red planet in this year.
- ↑ "Boyle, A: "Cosmic Log" MSNBC: Space elevator faces reality, August 17, 2009". Archived from the original on January 7, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2012.