|Centuries:||4th century – 5th century – 6th century|
|Decades:||450s 460s 470s – 480s – 490s 500s 510s|
|Years:||477 478 479 – 480 – 481 482 483|
|Ab urbe condita||1233|
|Balinese saka calendar||401–402|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)|
3176 or 3116
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
3177 or 3117
|- Vikram Samvat||536–537|
|- Shaka Samvat||401–402|
|- Kali Yuga||3580–3581|
|Iranian calendar||142 BP – 141 BP|
|Islamic calendar||146 BH – 145 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1432 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||791/792 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1022–1023|
606 or 225 or −547
— to —
607 or 226 or −546
- Odoacer stops an attempt by Julius Nepos to gain control of Italy again, and has Julius killed.
- Odoacer takes control of Dalmatia.
- Ireland: The Diocese of Connor is put up.
- Narasimhagupta Baladitya follows his father Skandagupta as king of the Gupta Empire.
- Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius, a Christian philosopher, was born.
- Damascius, a Neoplatonist philosopher, was born.
- Gelimer, the last king of the Vandals, was born.
- Benedict of Nursia, an early monasticist, was born (approximate date)
- Scholastica, the twin sister of Benedict of Nursia, was born.
- Xiao Zhaowen, the emperor of China's Southern Qi Dynasty (who was often known as the Prince of Hailing), was born.
- Julius Nepos, the last legitimate Western Roman Emperor, was killed.
- Skandagupta, the ruler of the Gupta Empire, died.