5 (V) is a common year of the Julian calendar which started on a Thursday. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Saturday. It was known as the Year of the Consulship of Messalla and Cinna. It was the 5th year of the 1st century.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||AD 2 AD 3 AD 4 – AD 5 – AD 6 AD 7 AD 8|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 5|
|Ab urbe condita||758|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
2701 or 2641
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
2702 or 2642
|Coptic calendar||−279 – −278|
|Ethiopian calendar||−3 – −2|
|- Vikram Samvat||61–62|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3105–3106|
|Iranian calendar||617 BP – 616 BP|
|Islamic calendar||636 BH – 635 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 5|
|Minguo calendar||1907 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||316/317 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||547–548|
131 or −250 or −1022
— to —
132 or −249 or −1021
It is one of only seven years to use just one Roman numeral. The seven are 1 AD (I), 5 AD (V), 10 AD (X), 50 AD (L), 100 AD (C), 500 AD (D), and 1000 AD (M).
- Rome acknowledges Cunobelinus, King of the Catuvellauni, as King of Britain.
- Germanic Tribes Cimbri and Charydes send ambassadors to Rome
- Gnaeus Cornelius Cinna Magnus, Lucius Valerius Messalla Volesus (or Gaius Ateius Capito) become Roman consuls
- Tiberius conquers Germania Inferior
- Agrippina the Elder marries Germanicus her second cousin.
- Livilla marries Drusus Julius Caesar, Tiberius's son.
- Polycharmus Azenius becomes Archon of Athens.
- Emperor Ping of Han is assassinated. Grand Empress Dowager Wang appoints Wang Mang as acting-emperor of Han until a suitable successor is found to replace the childless Ping.
- Julia, daughter of Drusus Julius Caesar and Livilla (d. 43)
- Drusilla of Mauretania
- Ruzi Ying, great-grandson of Emperor Xuan Han, Emperor of China (d. 25)
- Yin Lihua, Empress of China (d. 64)
- Gaius Asinius Pollio, Roman orator, poet and historian (b. 76 or 75 BC)
- Ping of Han, Emperor of China is assassinated, poisoned it is believed on the orders of Wang Mang (b. 14 BC).
- ↑ "CalendarHome.com 5". calendarhome.com. 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- ↑ "year 2 - Wolfram|Alpha". wolframalpha.com. 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.