|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||960s 970s 980s – 990s – 1000s 1010s 1020s|
|Years:||992 993 994 – 995 – 996 997 998|
- Erik Segersäll is replaces by Olof Skötkonung, the first baptized ruler of Sweden (see Swedish monarchs).
- Basil II lifts the siege of Aleppo by bringing his entire army across Anatolia in sixteen days.
- Constantine III becomes king of Scotland.
- Boleslaus II of Bohemia kills the Slavnik's dynasty at Libice.
- Olaf Tryggvason is made king of Norway and builds the country's first church.