Freeform (formerly ABC Family) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel. It is owned by ABC Family Worldwide Inc. This is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company. The channel usually shows modern family programs which are aimed for everyone. However, their shows and movies are aimed at teenage girls and young women (age 15-30). Freeform also offers other shows from other channels.
Spanish (via SAP audio track)
|Picture format||720p HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Parent||ABC Family Worldwide|
(Walt Disney Television)
(Disney General Entertainment Content)
|Launched||April 29, 1977|
|Available on most cable systems||Consult television listings|
|DirecTV||Channel 311 (SD)|
Channel 1311 (HD)
|Dish Network||Channel 180 (HD)|
Channel 9558 (HD)
|U-verse TV||Channel 178 (SD)|
Channel 1178 (HD)
|Verizon Fios||Channel 199 (SD)|
Channel 699 (HD)
|YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, FuboTV, Vidgo TV, DirecTV Stream|
Freeform was founded in 1977. It was first an extension of Pat Robertson's Christian television ministry. It later became The Family Channel in 1990. In 1998, it was sold to Fox Kids. They renamed the channel Fox Family. On October 24, 2001, Fox Family Channel and Fox Family Worldwide were sold to The Walt Disney Company.
Network slogans change
- "Stay with Us" (1977-1985; as CBN Satellite Service and CBN Cable)
- "Just Watch Us" (1985-1988; as CBN Cable)
- "Together, We're Family" (1988-1991; as The CBN Family Channel)
- "The Greatest in the Family" (1991-1995; as The Family Channel)
- "There's Nothing Stronger" (1995-1996)
- "Just Watch Us Now!" (1996-1998)
- "You Belong" (1998-present; as Fox Family)
- "It's Electric" (2000-2001)
- "It's All About You" (2001-2003; as ABC Family)
- "Everything You Want to Know from A to Z" (2003-2006)
- "A New Kind of Family" (2006-2016)
- "The New Name For ABC Family" (2016-present)
- Become with us (2016-present)
- "Fox Family Worldwide Inc". Saban. Archived from the original on 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Katz, Richard (July 10, 1998). "Fox Family squeezes 'Club' in youthful sked". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "News Corp. and Haim Saban Reach Agreement to Sell Fox Family Worldwide to Disney for $5.3 Billion". Saban. July 23, 2001. Archived from the original on 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- DiOrio, Carl (October 24, 2001). "Fox Family costs Mouse less cheese in final deal". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- CBN Logo, YouTube
- CBN--TV Aircheck From The Mid 1980's, YouTube
- CBN Family Channel" (now ABC Family) Sign-Off from Summer 1989, YouTube