(Redirected from AD 1150)
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1120s 1130s 1140s – 1150s – 1160s 1170s 1180s|
|Years:||1147 1148 1149 – 1150 – 1151 1152 1153|
- Åhus, Sweden gains city privileges
- City of Airdrie, Scotland founded
- King Sverker I of Sweden deposed and succeeded by Eric IX of Sweden
- Albrecht the Bear inhabits Brandenburg
- Peter the Lombard publishes Sentences
- University of Paris, now known as the Sorbonne, founded
- During Crusades, city of Ashkelon fortified with 53 towers by Fatimid rulers
- Earl of Bedford created
- Cubbie Roo's Castle built on Wyre, Orkney
- Mersey Ferry begins running between Liverpool and Birkenhead
- Neuruppin city founded in Brandenburg, Germany
- Rinteln city founded in Lower Saxony, Germany
- Middle Dutch begins to be spoken in what is now Benelux
- Joscelin II of Edessa taken prisoner during Second Crusade
- Tuam promoted to a Metropolitan Archdiocese, Ireland
- Earliest textual reference made to Gypsies working as musicians (in Constantinople)
- Castle Rising built in Norfolk, England by William d'Aubigny, 1st Earl of Arundel
- Garcia IV Ramirez ends reign as King of Navarre
- Bishopric of Aberdeen established
- Christian Malone writes Irish Chronology Chronicum Scotorum
- Christchurch Priory founded
- Leo II of Armenia (d. 1229).
- William de Braose, 4th Lord of Bramber (approximate date; d. 1211).
- Rosamund Clifford, mistress of Henry II of England (approximate date; d. 1176).
- Alix of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (d. 1198).
- Saxo Grammaticus, Danish historian (d. 1220).
- Baldwin V, Count of Hainaut (d. 1195).
- Stephen Langton, Archbishop of Canterbury (approximate date; d. 1228).
- Beatrice, Countess of Dia.
- Emperor Xizong of Jin, the third ruler of the Jurchen Jin Dynasty
- Suryavarman II, Khmer king, builder of Angkor Wat
- Barisan of Ibelin, figure in the crusader kingdom of Jerusalem
- Pribislav of Brandenburg, last king of the Hevelli (b. c. 1075)