Bamyan Province (Persian: بامیان) is one of the thirty-four provinces of Afghanistan. It is in the centre of the country. Its capital city is also called Bamyan. Most of the people are Hazaras, with fewer Tajiks, and Pashtuns. Bamyan is the largest province in the Hazarajat region of Afghanistan.
The location of Bamiyan Province within Afghanistan
|• Total||14,175 km2 (5,473 sq mi)|
|• Density||27/km2 (71/sq mi)|
|Main languages||Dari Persian (Hazaragi dialect)|
|Kahmard||Kahmard||32,200||Transferred from Baghlan in 2005|
|Sayghan||Sayghan||21,200||Transferred from Baghlan and created within Kahmard District in 2005|
Bamiyan is famous for its potatoes.
Bamyan Province has the only university, Bamiyan University in the area.
- "World Gazetteer". Archived from the original on 2012-12-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cultural and conflict Studies, Bamyan Province
- Bamyan provincial profile
- British Broadcasting Corporation : Putting Bamyan Back on the Map Retrieved 2009-08-18
- Afghanistan Geographic & Thematic Layers