|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||United States of America|
|Census area||Prince of Wales-Hyder|
|Township||T74S R81E Copper River Meridian|
|Incorporated||March 1, 1922 (2nd-class city)|
|Incorporated||1973 (1st-class city)|
|• Total||9.51 sq mi (24.62 km2)|
|• Land||6.69 sq mi (17.32 km2)|
|• Water||2.82 sq mi (7.30 km2)|
|Elevation||23 ft (7 m)|
|• Density||154.90/sq mi (59.81/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-9 (Alaska (AKST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-8 (AKDT)|
Commercial fishing brings much of the income in Craig. There are two harbors in the center of town. Tourism provides jobs and income to the community. Lodges are available to guests who visit the island for the salmon fishing as well as black bear and deer hunting. Another main employer in Craig is the U.S. Forest Service.
- "Alaska Statutes - Title 29 Chapter 03. The Unorganized Borough". Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- "Legislative Directive for Unorganized Borough Review". Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development.
- "USGS detail on Craig (populated place, GNIS ID: 1421260)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved February 18, 2007.
- "Community Profiles For North Pacific Fisheries - Alaska/South East Alaska/Craig" (PDF). Alaska Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Department of Commerce. 12 March 2021.
- 1996 Alaska Municipal Officials Directory. Juneau: Alaska Municipal League/Alaska Department of Community and Regional Affairs. January 1996. p. 44.
- "Official site". City of Craig, Alaska.
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 29, 2021.
- "Craig city, Alaska". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 7, 2023.
- "Zip Code Lookup - Find a list of cities that are in a ZIP Code". United States Postal Service.
- "Craig city, Alaska". Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data. United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved January 17, 2013.