Imperial Japanese Navy
The IJN was created in 1868 by the Meiji Restoration. It won against larger navies in the First Sino-Japanese War (1894-1895) and Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905) World War 1 (1914-1918) Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945) World War 2 (1941-1945) and was dissolved.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kaigun" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 450.
- Library of Congress Country Studies, Japan (LOC), "World War II and the Occupation, 1941-52". Retrieved 2012-2-22. Archived 2007-07-12 at the Wayback Machine
- LOC, "The Article 9 'No War' Clause". Retrieved 2012-2-22.
- LOC, "The Self-Defence Forces" (JSDF). Retrieved 2012-2-22.
- LOC, "Maritime Self-Defense Force" (JMSDF). Retrieved 2012-2-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imperial Japanese Navy.|
- AxisHistory.com, Japanese Navy
- CombinedFleet.com, Imperial Japanese Navy Page
- KamikazeImages, Etajima Museum of Naval History Archived 2010-06-29 at the Wayback Machine
- NavalHistory.net, Imperial Japanese Navy Awards of the Golden Kite in World War II
- NavalHistory.net, Imperial Japanese Navy in World War I Archived 2019-11-16 at the Wayback Machine