Key West, Florida
county seat city of Monroe County, Florida, United States; island in Florida Keys
Key West is a city and an island of the same name near the southernmost tip of the Florida Keys. It is the county seat of Monroe County, Florida, United States.
City of Key West, Florida
"The Conch Republic", "Southernmost City in the Continental United States"
One Human Family
|Coordinates: 24°33′35″N 81°47′01″W / 24.55972°N 81.78361°WCoordinates: 24°33′35″N 81°47′01″W / 24.55972°N 81.78361°W|
|• Mayor||Teri Johnston|
|• Total||7.24 sq mi (18.76 km2)|
|• Land||5.60 sq mi (14.50 km2)|
|• Water||1.64 sq mi (4.26 km2)|
|Elevation||18 ft (5 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||4,819.64/sq mi (1,860.87/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
33040, 33041, 33045
|Area code(s)||305 and 786 (305 Exchanges: 292,293,294,295,296,320,809)|
|GNIS feature ID||0294048|
- ↑ "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 7, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- ↑ "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- ↑ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- Official City Website
- Chamber of Commerce Website Archived 2013-06-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Monroe County School District Key West Public Schools
- Oldest Hotel in Key West Archived 2007-12-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Key West Art Galleries
- A photographic tour of Key West Archived 2007-11-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Getting to Key West, the road down US1 Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Sanborn Insurance Historical Maps of Key West Archived 2018-12-15 at the Wayback Machine