Yang Guifei in "Portrait of Four Beauties.
|Occupation||artist, singer, stage actor|
|Years active||2006 – present|
Li Yugang was born into a farming family in Jilin province in 1978. He started in opera when he was a child. Despite this, he could not study at a university as his parents were too poor to support this. Instead, he worked in various jobs in Changchun after finishing high school.
In February 23 2009, Li Yugang joined in the China Opera and Dance Theater as a "special talent people".
From 2010–2014, Li Yugang created "Flower in the Mirror, Moon in the Water" (镜花水月) and "Portrait of Four Ancient Beauties" (四美图). Together he performed over 100 shows in the country and internationally. Li Yugang also released 3 CDs from his company "The New Drunken Beauty" (新贵妃醉酒), "The Dream Chaser" (逐梦令) and "Lotus Flower" (莲花). In 2014, the Rhymoi Music company released Li Yugang's "Once Upon a Time in Shanghai" (民国旧梦) CD album. In 2015, Li Yugang directed and starred in his own stage masterpiece "Lady Zhaojun" (昭君出塞), a grand Oriental Poetic Stage production which took him three years in preparation.
- 李玉刚“醉”了悉尼歌剧院_振兴东北 Archived 2009-08-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "李玉刚_明星资料_腾讯娱乐". Archived from the original on 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2009-09-04. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Chang Lu (December 16, 2012). "Rising Chinese opera star: Li Yugang". GBTimes.
- "男扮女装绝代芳华 李玉刚成名揭密". Archived from the original on 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2009-09-01. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Ruru Li (2010). The Soul of Beijing Opera: Theatrical Creativity and Continuity in the Changing World. Hong Kong University Press. p. 98. ISBN 978-9622099951.
- "National company signs Li Yugang". China Daily. China.org.cn. March 11, 2009.
- Chen Nan (2011-09-06). "The MAN behind the WOMEN". China Daily.