comics created in Japan
This article may have too many red links. (May 2020)
The word manga can be both singular and plural, and mean both the medium of comics or a single comic. It is a form of art that is used to draw comics and develop Anime (animated cartoons of manga art). Colors and symbols are important.
Types of mangaEdit
- Yōji (幼児向け漫画) - Manga for people aged 1–4.
- Kodomo (or Jidō) manga (児童漫画、子ども漫画) - manga that appeals to many small children.
- Shōnen (少年漫画) - A boy is usually the main character in these types of manga. The storyline is mostly about adventure/fighting.
- Weekly Shōnen Jump (Published by Shueisha)
- Weekly Shōnen Sunday (Published by Shōgakukan)
- Weekly Shōnen Magazine (Published by Kōdansha)
- Monthly GFantasy (Published by Square Enix)
- Shōjo (少女漫画) - Manga that features human emotions and relationships. Mostly for girls aged 13–17.
- Seinen - manga that is written for college-aged young men
- Seijin (成人漫画) - manga that might appeal to men more than women.
- Josei/Redikomi (女性漫画 レディースコミック、レディコミ) - (Abbreviation of English "LADIes' COMIc") manga that might appeal to women more than men.
- Shōnen-ai (少年愛) - manga that features a romantic relationship between two male characters. Also known as Yaoi.
- Shōjo-ai (少女愛) - manga that features a romantic relationship between two female characters.Another name Yuri(百合)