comics created in Japan
The word manga can be both singular and plural, and mean both the medium of comics or a single comic. It is a form of art that is used to draw comics and develop Anime (animated cartoons of manga art). Colors and symbols are important.
Types of mangaEdit
- Yōji (幼児向け漫画) - Manga for people aged 1–4.
- Kodomo (or Jidō) manga (児童漫画、子ども漫画) - manga that appeals to many small children.
- Shōnen (少年漫画) - A boy is usually the main character in these types of manga. The storyline is mostly about adventure/fighting.
- Weekly Shōnen Jump (Published by Shueisha)
- Weekly Shōnen Sunday (Published by Shōgakukan)
- Weekly Shōnen Magazine (Published by Kōdansha)
- Monthly GFantasy (Published by Square Enix)
- Shōjo (少女漫画) - Manga that features human emotions and relationships. Mostly for girls aged 13–17.
- Seinen - manga that is written for college-aged young men
- Seijin (成人漫画) - manga that might appeal to men more than women.
- Josei/Redikomi (女性漫画 レディースコミック、レディコミ) - (Abbreviation of English "LADIes' COMIc") manga that might appeal to women more than men.
- Shōnen-ai (少年愛) - manga that features a romantic relationship between two male characters. Also known as Yaoi.
- Shōjo-ai (少女愛) - manga that features a romantic relationship between two female characters.Another name Yuri(百合)