Miss World is a international beauty pageant that started in 1951. It is the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant. The contest was created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley, and run as part of the Mecca Leisure Group. Since his death in 2000, Morley's wife, Julia Morley, co-chairs the pageant.
Miss World 2008 Ksenia Sukhinova
The winner spends a year travelling to represent the Miss World Organization and its various causes. The current Miss World is Toni-Ann Singh of Jamaica who was crowned on December 14, 2019, in London, England, United Kingdom. She is the fourth Jamaican woman to win Miss World. Traditionally, Miss World lives in London during her reign.
- "Miss World 1951". Pageantopolis. Archived from the original on 11 May 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Miss World 1952". Pageantopolis. Archived from the original on 27 May 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Tianjin Miss World China Pageant comes to a close". China Daily. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Miss Universe on August 23". Timesofmalta.com. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Pageant News Bureau – Miss World: A long, glittering history". Pageant.com. Archived from the original on 15 February 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Tracing the regal existence of 'Miss Universe'". Spicezee.com. 7 October 2008. Archived from the original on 23 April 2009. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miss World.|