NHL 15 is an ice hockey video game. It was developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports. The game was released on September 9, 2014 in North America and on September 12, 2014 in the PAL region. It was released for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
|Genre(s)||Sports (Ice hockey)|
Like previous games, fans were allowed to vote for who would be on the cover of NHL 15. The voting started on May 5, 2014 and will end on June 1, 2014. The final two players left in the contest are P. K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins.
New features for the game include:
- 12 player NHL collision physics - This helps in having a greater effect on hits and activity outside of the user-controlled player.
- Real puck physics - "Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice, including the ice surface itself, is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins, rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game."
- Better player likeness - The real actions of NHL players are better reflected in the game.
- New commentary team - Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk replace Gary Thorne and Bill Clement as commentators.
The game received mixed reviews.
Among the fans of the series, the game was met with disdain. This was mainly because of many features that were missing for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles. The IGN community rated the PS3 and Xbox 360 releases, 4/10 and 2.6/10 respectively. Operation Sports created a list of features and modes that were missing but were available in NHL 14.
- "NHL 15 - Cover Vote". EA Sports. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "NHL 15 new features". EA Sports. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "NHL 15 Review: Empty Net". IGN. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "NHL 15 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)". Operation Sports. Retrieved 2014-11-16.