American politician and school administrator
|1st C.E.O. of the Chicago Public Schools|
|Appointed by||Richard Daley|
|Preceded by||Office created|
|Succeeded by||Arne Duncan|
Paul Gust Vallas
June 10, 1953
|Alma mater||Western Illinois University|
In 2010, Vallas ran for Governor, but lost the primary. Vallas ran for Lieutenant Governor of Illinois in 2014 with incumbent Governor Pat Quinn, but lost the election to Bruce Rauner and Evelyn Sanguinetti.
- Marin, Carol (2009-02-04). "Vallas targets County Board run". Chicago Sun-Times. Archived from the original on 2009-02-04. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- Vallas interested in running for Illinois guv, Greg Hinz, Crain's Chicago Business', April 28, 2008
- Vallas "open" to run for governor in 2010, David Mendell, Chicago Tribune, April 28, 2008
- Moser, Whet (8 November 2013). "Paul Vallas Is With Quinn. But Why Do We Even Have a Lieutenant Governor?". Chicago magazine. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- Former CPS CEO Paul Vallas Officially Files to Run for Mayor