Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (ポケットモンスター オメガルビー&アルファサファイア, Poketto Monsutā Omega Rubī & Arufa Safaia) are two 2014 Role-playing video games published by The Pokémon Company and developed by Game Freak. It was released for the Nintendo 3DS. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released on November 21, 2014 in Japan, North America, and Australia. It was released on November 28, 2014 in Europe. The games are a remake of the 2002 Game Boy Advance games Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
|Pokémon Omega Ruby|
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
|Publisher(s)||The Pokémon Company|
|Artist(s)||Mana Ibe (Lead)|
|Writer(s)||Masafumi Nukita (Lead)|
A trailer for the game was shown at Nintendo's 2014 E3 video. The trailer included new gameplay footage, as well as, the new playable character designs and new Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert that were not in X and Y like Blaziken was.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were given positive review. IGN rated the game a 7.8 out of 10. Kallie Plagge of IGN sai that she liked the 3D reinvention of the Hoenn region and online functionality. She was critical of the HMs needed to play the game and the perceived imbalance that favored Water-type Pokémon (she played Alpha Sapphire). She said that "Too much water" was a negative. GameSpot rated the game 8 out of 10. Peter Brown of GameSpot said that he liked the 3D visuals and the super training mechanic but didn't think that the game did not fix general issues in the game formula.
As of June 30, 2015, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have sold 10.27 million copies worldwide.
- "ESRB: Pokémon Omega Ruby". ESRB. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in:
- "Pokemon Omega Ruby: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in:
- "冒険の舞台は自然豊かなホウエン地方！|『ポケットモンスター オメガルビー』『ポケットモンスター アルファサファイア』公式サイト". Pokemon.co.jp. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in:
- "Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby Review". IGN. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in:
- "Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in:
- "Top Selling Software Sales Units". Nintendo. Retrieved 2015-9-17. Check date values in: