Pope Gregory XI
Head of the Catholic Church from 1370 to 1378
|Papacy began||December 30, 1370|
|Papacy ended||March 27, 1378|
|Predecessor||Pope Urban V|
|Successor||Pope Urban VI|
|Birth name||Pierre Roger de Beaufort|
|Died||March 27, 1378|
|Other popes named Gregory|
He was the seventh and last of the popes who lived in Avignon in France.
Early life Edit
Western Schism Edit
|Popes of the Western Schism|
Related pages Edit
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-29.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1838). "Gregory XI," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 11, p. 446.
- Arms of the Roger de Beaufort Archived 2017-03-27 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Pope Gregory XI", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2013-3-21.
- "Gregory XI (1329-1378)," Who's Who in Christianity; retrieved 2012-7-18.
Other websites Edit
Media related to Gregorius XI at Wikimedia Commons
- . Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- "Gregory XI", Encyclopædia Britannica, 1911
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Gregory XI
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Roger de Beaufort