Pulilan is a municipality (or a town) in the province of Bulacan, Philippines. It lies 50 kilometers northwest of Manila and is located at the west-central part of the province. It is surrounded by the settlements of Apalit in Pampanga; by Baliuag in the north; by Plaridel in the south; and by Calumpit in the west.
|Bayan ng Pulilan|
"Pulo ng Ilan"
"The Center of Commerce and Industry in Northern Bulacan"
"Home of the famous Kneeling Carabao Festival"
"The Town blessed by San Isidro Labrador"
Sa Bagong Pulilan, Kitang-kita Ang Kaunlaran
|Anthem: Himno ng Pulilan|
"Ako ang Pulileño"
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Founded||January 20, 1749|
|Settlement||January 20, 1796|
|• Mayor||Maritz Ochoa-Montejo (Liberal)|
|• Vice Mayor||Ricardo Candido (PDP-Laban)|
|• Total||39.89 km2 (15.40 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||40 m (130 ft)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|• Poverty rate||4.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|Income class||1st class urban|
|Electricity||Manila Electric Company|
|• Consumption||63.65 million kWh (2003)|
According to the 2015 national census (a total count of the country's population) of the Philippines, it has 97,323 people.
The town is famous for its Carabao Festival, which happens once a year in May. This is where the carabaos (a kind of water buffalo in the Philippines) are walked together on the streets and kneel as they pass in front of San Isidro Labrador Parish Church, in honor to Saint Isidore the Laborer, the town's patron saint.
- Balatong A
- Balatong B
- Dampol 1st
- Dampol 2nd-A
- Dampol 2nd-B
- Dulong Malabon
- Poblacion (downtown part of the town)
- Santa Peregrina
- Santo Cristo
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Province: BULACAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Archived from the original on 18 July 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pulilan.|
- Pulilan Bulacan
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code Archived 2012-04-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Philippine Census Information Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine
- https://commons.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jf9803Pulilan_Municipal_Hall_Bulacan_Coplexfvf_30.JPG[permanent dead link]