Secession in China
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (December 2015)
The People's Republic of China and the Republic of China insist sole legitimacy of China against each other. Practically, the former is administering Mainland China and the two special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macau and the latter is administering the Taiwan area.
Mainland China change
- Ethnic group: Mongolian
- Ethnic group: Tibetan
- Proposed state: Tibet
Special administrative regions change
- Proposed state: Republic of Hong Kong
- Advocacy group: Hong Kong Independence Party
Taiwan area change
- Proposed state: Republic of Taiwan
In perspective of the laws of the Republic of China, the Taiwan Independence movement is considered as secessionism, but practically, the movement seeks to replace the ROC with the Republic of Taiwan because Taiwan area is the only practical region administered by the ROC.
In perspective of the laws of the People's Republic of China, the Taiwan Independence movement is considered as secessionism, too because the PRC considers the Taiwan area as its integral part as a rogue province.
Related pages change
- ""Inner Mongolian People's Party" and the basic facts about its key members". Southern Mongolian Human Rights Information Center. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "モンゴル自由連盟党". Retrieved 2010-11-22.(JP)
- "Speech of His Holiness the Dalai Lama to the European Parliament, Strasbourg". The Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. 2001-10-14. Archived from the original on 2009-03-25. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "INTERNATIONAL TIBET INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT". International Tibet Independence Movement. Archived from the original on 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2009-04-11.