Servette FC is a Swiss football club from Geneva. The club was founded in March 1890 with rugby as its first sporting activity. It is named after the Geneva district of the same name. The football section was founded on 17 January 1900. They play in the Swiss Super League.
|Full name||Association du|
Servette Football Club
|Nickname(s)||Les Grenats (The Maroons)|
|Founded||20 March 1890|
|Ground||Stade de Genève|
|League||Swiss Super League|
|2021–22||Swiss Super League, 6th of 10|
Servette is one of Switzerland's most successful clubs. They won 17 national titles and 7 Swiss cups. For most of its history the club was in the highest league.
After the last title 1998 Servette had financial problems. The club was relegated to the third division in 2004–05 due to a bankruptcy. Until this bankruptcy, Servette was the only Swiss club to have remained in the top league since its creation in 1890. Servette was the only club to have never been relegated for sporting reasons, until they finished in last place in the 2012–2013 season.
After the 2005–06 season the club was promoted to the Swiss Challenge League where they stayed until 2011. Servette earned promotion to the Swiss Super League 2011. They were relegated at the end of the 2013 season and came back in 2019.
The home ground of Servette is the Stade de Genève. It was opened on 16 March 2003 after three years of construction. The opening match was played between Servette and Young Boys. The capacity is 30,084. The stadium hosted three group matches in the 2008 European Football Championship.
- As of 8 July, 2022
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Swiss Championship: 17
- Swiss Cup: 7
- 1927–28, 1948–49, 1970–71, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1983–84, 2000–01
- Swiss League Cup: 3
- 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80 (Record)
- Swiss Challenge League
- 1. Liga Promotion
- Torneo Internazionale Stampa Sportiva: 1
- Tournoi du Nouvel An du Stade Français et Club Français: 1
- ↑ League, Swiss Football. "Servette FC- Swiss Football League". www.sfl.ch.
- ↑ García, Javier (2009). "International Tournaments (Paris) 1904–1935: Tournoi de Pentecôte de Paris". rsssf.com. RSSSF. Archived from the original on 20 February 2020. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ↑ "SERVETTE F. C. – Trainer" (PDF). Super-Servette. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- Official club website (in French)
- Grenats.ch Independent news site (in French)
- Servettiens.ch Independent news site (in French)
- Enfants du Servette Independent news site (in French)
- Historical website (in French)
- Section Grenat – Servette Ultras Archived 2020-11-25 at the Wayback Machine (in French)
- Maroons (in German)
- North Fans (in French)
- Vieille Garde (in French)
- Deutschweiz'86 (in German)