SkyTeam is the world's second largest airline alliance. Its headquarters are on the grounds of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol near Amsterdam, Netherlands. SkyTeam was founded or established in 2000 by five airlines, Aeroméxico, Air France, Delta Air Lines, and Korean Air. It was the last of the three major airline alliances to be established after Star Alliance and Oneworld. Though it was the last of three airline alliances to be established it is second only behind Star Alliance by number of passengers and number of member airlines. As of December 2013, SkyTeam is made up of 19 airlines from five continents, and operates with the slogan "Caring more about you".
SkyTeam flies to more than 1,000 destinations in 178 countries, and operates some 15,200 daily flights with a combined fleet of over 4,300 aircraft, including associate carriers. As of June 2013[update], the alliance and its members had a total workforce of 452,590; furthermore, it had 530 lounges worldwide to serve 569 million annual passengers.
|Aeroflot||14 April 2006|
|Aerolíneas Argentinas||29 August 2012|
|Aeroméxico[A]||22 June 2000|
|Air Europa||4 September 2007|
|Air France[A]||22 June 2000|
|Alitalia||13 January 2009|
|China Airlines||28 September 2011|
|China Eastern Airlines||21 June 2011|
|Czech Airlines||25 March 2001|
|Delta Air Lines[A]||22 June 2000|
|Kenya Airways||4 September 2007|
|KLM[A]||13 September 2004|
|Korean Air[A]||22 June 2000|
|Middle East Airlines||28 June 2012|
|Saudia||29 May 2012|
|TAROM||25 June 2010|
|Vietnam Airlines||10 June 2010|
|XiamenAir||21 November 2012|
A Founding member.
- "Fact Sheet" (PDF). SkyTeam. 22 June 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- MacLennan, Alexander (11 November 2013). "The Alitalia Story Continues -". The Motley Fool.
- "Continental Airlines leaves SkyTeam for Star Alliance - USATODAY.com". usatoday30.usatoday.com.
- "Copa Airlines to leave Skyteam". Business Traveller.
- "Delta and Northwest Announce Merger". 15 April 2008.