Steven Allan Spielberg
December 18, 1946
|Education||Saratoga High School|
|Alma mater||California State University, Long Beach|
|Occupation||Film director, film producer|
|Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Lincoln, Munich, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Catch Me If You Can|
|Net worth||$3.2 billion (2012)|
Amy Irving (m. 1985–1989)
Kate Capshaw (m. 1991)
He was born to an Orthodox Jewish family in Cincinnati, Ohio. His parents were pianist Leah Adler (1920–2017) and engineer Arnold Spielberg (1917–2020). He started his movie career learning to direct in 1975. He was raised in Haddon Township, New Jersey. Spielberg studied at Saratoga High School. He went to California State University, Long Beach.
Spielberg started his career learning how to direct in 1963. His first movies include Jaws, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. His later movies include Saving Private Ryan and Munich.
Spielberg won two Academy Awards for best director. These two awards were for Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. In 1986, he won the BAFTA Academy Fellowship Award, a Lifetime Achievement Award. He has been nominated and has won several other awards.
- Ready Player One (2018)
- The Post (2017)
- The BFG (2016)
- Bridge of Spies (2015)
- Jurassic World (2014)
- Lincoln (2012)
- Men in Black 3 (2012)
- War Horse (2011)
- The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
- Real Steel (2011)
- Cowboys & Aliens (2011)
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
- Super 8 (2011)
- Paul (2011)
- True Grit (2010)
- Hereafter (2010)
- Hollywood Don't Surf! (2010)
- The Lovely Bones (2009)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
- Eagle Eye (2008)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
- Munich (2005)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
- The Terminal (2004)
- Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- Minority Report (2002)
- A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998) (Academy Award, Best Director)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
- Amistad (1997)
- Schindler's List (1993) (Academy Award, Best Director, Best Picture)
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Hook (1991)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- Always (1989)
- Empire of the Sun (1987)
- The Color Purple (1985)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
- Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) segment: Kick the Can
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- 1941 (1979)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Jaws (1975)
- The Sugarland Express (1974)
- American Film Institute. "AFI Life Achievement Award". Afi.com. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- Forbes Billionaire List Forbes.com. Retrieved September 2012.
- "Steven Spielberg Biography". Biography.com. December 18, 1947. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Steven Spielberg: A Biography - Joseph McBride". Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- "10 Things You Didn't Know About Steven Spielberg". Thefw.com. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Steven Spielberg". Contact Music.com. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- Rodriguez, Ashley. "How powerful was Harvey Weinstein? Almost no one has been thanked at the Oscars more". Quartz. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Steven Spielberg|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steven Spielberg.|