Tim Hutchinson (born August 11, 1949) is a Republican former United States Senator from the state of Arkansas. He was in the United States House of Representatives from 1993 to 1997. He served one term as a senator, from 1997 to 2003. He lost his bid for reelection in 2002.
|United States Senator|
January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2003
|Preceded by||David Pryor|
|Succeeded by||Mark Pryor|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Arkansas's 3rd district
January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1997
|Preceded by||John Paul Hammerschmidt|
|Succeeded by||Asa Hutchinson|
|Born||August 11, 1949|
|Spouse(s)||(1) Donna Hutchinson (divorced)|
(2) Randi Fredholm
|Relations||Brother Asa Hutchinson|
|Alma mater||Bob Jones University|
University of Arkansas
Hutchinson was born on August 11, 1949 in Bentonville, Arkansas. He was one of six children born to John Malcolm Hutchinson Sr. and Coral Hutchinson. His uncle Asa Hutchinson is Governor of Arkansas. They are descendants of slave owners who migrated from South Carolina to Arkansas in 1858.
Hutchinson studied at studied at Bob Jones University and at University of Arkansas. In 1970 he married Donna Jean King. Together they had three children. Hutchinson was divorced from his wife after rumors he had an affair. In 2000, he secondly married a member of his staff, Randi Fredholm. Hutchinson is an ordained minister in the Baptist church.
- "Hutchinson, Timothy". Office of Art and Archives and Office of the Historian, The United States Congress. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- "Young Timothy (Tim) Hutchinson (1949–)". The Central Arkansas Library System. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Hutchinson, Frederick McAlpine (1947). The Hutchinson family of Laurens County, South Carolina, and descendants. Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center. Houston, Texas: A. Jones Press.
- "A S Hutchison in the 1850 U.S. Federal Census - Slave Schedules". Ancestry Library. 1850.
Name: A S Hutchison; Residence Date: 1850; Residence Place: Laurens, South Carolina, USA; Number of Enslaved People: 12
- "A S Hutchison in the 1860 U.S. Federal Census - Slave Schedules". Ancestry Library. 1860.
Name: A S Hutchison; Residence Date: 1860; Residence Place: Brewer, Pike, Arkansas, USA; Number of Enslaved People: 8