Union generally means that two or more things are joined into one. That can be an organization of several people or organizations, several objects combined into one, and so on. The term may mean:
- Trades union: an organization of workers with a common goal.
In politics Edit
- The Union, referring to the federation that is the United States
- Act of Union, one of several acts by the English Parliament
- United Kingdom, the constitutional result of that legislation
- African Union, an inter-governmental organization in Africa
- European Union, a supranational and inter-governmental organization in Europe
- Government of India, known officially as the Union Government
- Personal union, a group of separate, independent states that share the same monarch
- Political union, a type of state composed of smaller states
- Real union, an intermediate step between personal and political union of states
- Soviet Union, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- State of the Union Address annual speech by the President of the United States
- The Union (political coalition) (l'Unione), a twenty-first century Italian political coalition
- Unionist Party (Canada), known when in power as the Union Government
- Trade union, labor union, employment
In sports and entertainment Edit
- Unión de Santa Fe, Argentine professional football club
- R. Union Saint-Gilloise, Belgian professional football club
- Club Atlético Unión de Sunchales, lower league Argentine football club
- Unión Magdalena a Colombian professional football club
- The Union, a group of professional wrestlers in opposition to Vince McMahon in the World Wrestling Federation
- The supporters' club of the A-League football side Melbourne Victory
- Rugby Union
- Union (album), a 1991 album by the musical group Yes
- Union (band), an American heavy metal band
- Union (comic), set in the Star Wars universe
- Union (comics), a character published by Wildstorm
- "Union", a song by Avail from their 2000 album One Wrench
- "Union", a song by the Black Eyed Peas from their album Monkey Business
In education Edit
The term student union can be used in either of two senses:
- Students' union, a student organization at many colleges and universities dedicated to student governance (not common in USA, see below)
- Student activity center, a building that typically hosts a "union" of student services (e.g., food service, health facilities, lounges) at such institutions (also known as a "student center" or "student commons")
In the United States, the phrase more commonly refers to the building. The phrase "student government" or "student senate" is usually used when referring to the subject of the "Students' union" article.
- Union College, a college for which the principal campus sits in Schenectady, New York
- Union College (Kentucky), a college in Kentucky
- Union Institute & University, a non-traditional educational institution
- Union Public Schools, a public school system in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Union Theological College, a college in Northern Ireland
- Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York, an ecumenical Christian seminary in New York City, New York
- Union Theological Seminary & Presbyterian School of Christian Education, a Christian seminary in Richmond, Virginia
- Union University, a Baptist college in Tennessee
In transportation Edit
In tradesmanship Edit
In numismatics Edit
- Union (coinage), a US gold coin that was worth $100 face value, it was never made because it would only be circulated among banks.
In mathematics and computer science Edit
- Union (set theory)
- Union (SQL), an operator that combines the result of two SQL SELECT queries into a single result table
- Union (computer science), a data structure that stores several types of data in the same location.
- Union mount, a way to access separate file system directories as if they were but one.
- Gabrielle Union, an American actress
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Union.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.