Hello, Hayley, and welcome to the Simple English Wikipedia!
You should begin by reading these pages:
If you want some ideas of which pages to work on, read Wikipedia:Requested articles or the list of wanted pages.
Remember to be bold and edit any pages you want! Any changes you make that are not perfect can be fixed later. If you have any questions, ask them at Wikipedia:Simple talk. You should always sign your messages on Talk pages by typing "~~~~" (four tildes) at the end of your words.
Good luck and happy editing! The Rambling Man (talk) 13:41, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Your German is so not DE-2. Change it to DE-5 at least! --Gwib -(talk)- 14:33, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- There is indeed, I'll change it for you. Ok so basically, you can steal just about everything to make your edits look professional from already-done edits. Atm I'm stealing my internet from a farm next door. It really helps to read the links The Rambling Man already posted to you above. Also sign with ~~~~. It'll turn magically into your signature! --Gwib -(talk)- 14:44, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
To sexify your signature, follow the steps:
- Go to my setttings at the top of the page (or click the link).
- In the bar that says "Nickname", put in code for your new signature:
[[User:Hayley|<font color="9900CC">Hayley</font>]] [[User talk:Hayley|<font color="CC00CC">t</font><font color="CC33CC">a</font><font color="CC66CC">l</font><font color="CC99CC">k</font>]]
and you will get: Hayley - talk
- Check the "Raw signatures" box. If you don't, it will just appear as code.
- Push "Save", and then it will say "Your preferences have been saved".
Here is a list of colours. --Gwib -(talk)- 14:53, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Most people carry on a conversation on the same talk page. So you can just reply underneath this and then conversations are easy to follow.
Use a colon (the grammar kind, not the bodily kind) at the beginning of a sentence to separate your comments from other comments!
--Gwib -(talk)- 15:02, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Ohhh! That makes sense... like
- or this?
- OR THIS?
- or this?
Hayley talk 15:14, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Aaargh! Also I'm making a project about Sexuality. Apparently, the most viewed articles on Simple Wiki are penis, vagina, clitoris, testicle etc etc. When you get 10 horny school kids checking out articles like that, and 40,000 schools all with horny school kids, you get insane amounts of people checking out those articles.
haha I see your point- you must correct grammar so that people are correctly informed on the subject. a noble task you're undertaking. Hayley talk 15:35, 13 August 2008 (UTC)