President of the Republic of Kosovo
|5th President of Kosovo|
|Assumed office |
4 April 2021
|Prime Minister||Albin Kurti|
|Preceded by||Glauk Konjufca (Acting)|
5 November 2020 – 22 March 2021
|Prime Minister||Avdullah Hoti|
|Preceded by||Hashim Thaçi|
|Succeeded by||Glauk Konjufca (Acting)|
|6th Speaker of the Assembly of Kosovo|
3 February 2020 – 22 March 2021
|Preceded by||Glauk Konjufca|
|Succeeded by||Glauk Konjufca|
17 May 1982
Titova Mitrovica, SFR Yugoslavia
(now Mitrovica, Kosovo)[a]
|Political party||Independent (2021–present)|
Prindon Sadriu (m. 2012)
|Education||University of Pristina|
University of Pittsburgh (LLM, SJD)
|Profession||Politician and legal academic|
- Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the Brussels Agreement. Kosovo has received formal recognition as an independent state from 113 out of 193 United Nations member states.
- "Vjosa Osmani is elected President of Kosovo". Class (Albania). Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "A po largohet Vjosa Osmani nga LDK-ja? Kjo është deklarata e saj" [Is Vjosa Osmani leaving the LDK? This is her statement]. Kanal10 (in Albanian). 7 September 2020.
- "Prindon Sadriu: Në MPJ jam punësuar para se të martohesha me Vjosa Osmanin" [Prindon Sadriu: I was employed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before I married Vjosa Osmani]. Gazeta Express (in Albanian). 27 November 2018. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Kurti kandidat i VV-së për kryeministër, Osmani për presidente". Koha Ditore (in Albanian). 14 January 2021.
- "Kosovo MPs elect lawyer Vjosa Osmani as president". Deutsche Welle. 4 April 2021. Retrieved 5 April 2021.