Wayne Messam 2020 presidential campaign
The 2020 presidential campaign of Wayne Messam, the 10th Mayor of Miramar, Florida began on March 28, 2019, when Messam stated that he would be running for President of the United States in 2020 on an online campaign video.
|Wayne for America|
|Campaign||2020 United States presidential election (Democratic Party primaries)|
Mayor of Miramar, Florida (2015–present)
|Status||Exploratory committee formed: April 8, 2019|
Announced: March 28, 2019
|Headquarters||Miramar, Florida, U.S.|
|Slogan||Change can't wait.|
In early 2019 many sources said that Messam would run for president to which he responded with "all options will remain on the table." On March 13, 2019, he announced the formation of an exploratory committee for a possible run. He formally announced his candidacy on March 28, 2019.
- Dan Merica (March 28, 2019). "Florida Mayor Wayne Messam announces 2020 presidential bid". CNN.
- Smiley, David. "Can anyone be president in 2020? This South Florida mayor may run and find out". Miami Herald. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- waynemessam (February 4, 2019). "My wife Angela and I count it a blessing that the great record of the city of Miramar would even place us in this conversation. When it comes to being an ambassador for the city, I have always said that all options will remain on the table" (Tweet).
- "Little-known Florida mayor to announce 2020 exploratory committee". CNN. March 13, 2019.
- "Florida Mayor Wayne Messam Announces 2020 Run To 'Restore American Dream". WBUR. April 11, 2019.
- "Newest presidential candidate, Mayor Wayne Messam, to make first NH campaign visit May 2". April 5, 2019.