White nationalism is a type of nationalism that sees white people as a race. It also wants to keep an national identity of white people as a race. Many believers of white nationalism see certain countries (often their own country) as being countries that are for white people only. Often, supporters of white nationalism can also believe in white supremacy, nazism, and other racist policies and ideas.
- Heidi Beirich and Kevin Hicks. "Chapter 7: White nationalism in America". In Perry, Barbara. Hate Crimes. Greenwood Publishing, 2009. pp.114–115
- Conversi, Daniele (July 2004). "Can nationalism studies and ethnic/racial studies be brought together?". Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. 30 (4): 815–29. doi:10.1080/13691830410001699649.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Heidi Beirich and Kevin Hicks. "Chapter 7: White Nationalism in America". In Perry, Barbara. Hate Crimes. Greenwood Publishing, 2009. p.119. "One of the primary political goals of white nationalism is to forge a white identity".
- "White Nationalism, Explained". The New York Times. 21 November 2016. "White nationalism, he said, is the belief that national identity should be built around white ethnicity, and that white people should therefore maintain both a demographic majority and dominance of the nation’s culture and public life. [...] white nationalism is about maintaining political and economic dominance, not just a numerical majority or cultural hegemony".
- Rothì, Despina M.; Lyons, Evanthia; Chryssochoou, Xenia (February 2005). "National attachment and patriotism in a European nation: a British study". Political Psychology. 26 (1): 135–55. doi:10.1111/j.1467-9221.2005.00412.x.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link) In this paper, nationalism is termed "identity content" and patriotism "relational orientation".