|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1240s 1250s 1260s – 1270s – 1280s 1290s 1300s|
|Years:||1273 1274 1275 – 1276 – 1277 1278 1279|
- February – The court of the Southern Song Dynasty of China and hundreds of thousands of its citizens move from Hangzhou to Fujian and then Guangdong to get away from an invasion by the Mongol Empire.
- March 9 – Augsburg becomes an Imperial Free City. Ravensburg also does in the same year.
- June – King Rudolph I of Germany starts a war with King Otakar II of Bohemia; by November, Otakar II has to give him four important pieces of land. (The diet of Nuremberg already decided this in 1274.)
- Four different men are pope in this year, as Popes Gregory X, Innocent V, and Adrian V all die in a short time.
- King Otakar II of Bohemia lays the foundation stone of the Minorite Church in Vienna.
- Mamluk sultan Baibars takes Al-Maris, which was part of Makuria, and goes through it into Egypt.
- A 23-year drought begins to change the Grand Canyon area. In the end, the agriculture-dependent Anasazi culture has to migrate out of the region.